Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Are we of water of land???

Are we of water or land?

There are times in my life when I am troubled by things I hear and see. I find myself wanting to retreat and find solace in vistas that will comfort my soul. But I have trouble deciding: "am I of water or land?" - Will I find the peace I seek on land or on water?


These are difficult times for me and I am thankful that I have these pictures to focus on for inner peace. I know most of you are saying "what about GOD". Well GOD is in my life and does offer me the spiritual peace that I crave; but I am talking about the inner turmoil that comes with being a part of society. The family, the job, the relationship between people = all of those are wonderful, but as you can see by this picture, life can be full of heavy seas.

This is a picture of the Adriatic Sea - we crossed the sea to reach Venice, Italy. The water was a little choppy as this is the only way into Venice and the water traffic was heavy.

What I seek in life is the inner peace that GOD brings to our lives. The sigh that means "all is right with the world Debbie just relax"I can imagine what it must be like to look out over the view of the lake in this picture. Do the owners of the house appreciate the beauty and majestic show of God's power and love? When they go out on the porch do they "sigh"............




Here's to the rough times that bring us strength. They are what make us strong enough to want to get out of bed the next morning. They are the promise that for each rough morning there is also the peace that comes each night.
The picture is from the Rhine Falls, very powerful waterfall in southern Germany. There is a boat that will take you out to the center of the falls and you walk up to a platform to hang over the falls. It must be majestic, and frightening at the same time, as is life..........


"Am I of Land"???????

Some of my happiest memories are of working in Seattle Washington. Every moring driving to work I could see Mt. Rainer. On this trip we went up 7,000 feet to the top of Mt. Pilatus in Switzerland. The VIEW from this mountain is spectacular. There is a peace that comes over the body when the ears no longer hear the rush of life..........





As I get to this picture I am at peace. There is a beauty that surrounds the soul and I hear that all will be just fine. According to God's plan as it was millions of years ago when he created the Alpine mountain range so that we might traverse the long haul to see how truly beautiful and simple life was meant to be...............

1 comment:

judi said...

Gee, that Alpine view is divine! I think many of us struggle with the tension between hving the energy to do what we have to do every day, and finding places and times to retreat and restore our souls. Jesus went up the mountain, or out on a boat, to escape the crowds and pray. So maybe the answer is that we --as well as He-- are of both water and land.