Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Alps
There are rare occasions when we need to step back and reflect on the level of our own worth and importance in this world. Basically just how significant are we? Is an ant less valuable because it is smaller? If so how do we measure up to the size of a Mt? I recently had an opportunity to stand upon a mountain– Mt Pilatus at 7,000 feet, but to also sit and view the alps from the balcony of our hotel at 6,000ft. And the definitive question and answer has to be – are the Mts. Gods gift to us to show us his beautiful work or is it to remind us of his infinite power and wisdom? I like to think a little bit of both.

As I sit here looking at this world
To see Gods great hand
I realize what a gift he gave us in a single command
Love one another

As an ant respects his world and sees the glory of Gods work in the smallest of crumbs, so should man take time to view the beauty we call Earth and see its inner value as Christ see and fills our souls with the same.

1 comment:

judi said...

Deb, your alps photos are awesome, as always. How I wish I could see them in person, too! Your meditation on love reminds me of a realization that came to me one time when I was flying over a couple of states. There are no boundary lines between states or countries visible from the air--God sees all of creation as one world. And when you fly over little towns at night, the lights on the roads that intersect (as many small towns are built around the junction of two highways)form the outline of a cross. It twinkles up and out into all of Space. Something to think about.