Sunday, July 6, 2008



Sunsets


I often wonder about GOD. Is he there, does he care. What proof do we have of his existence? How do we feel his love? Is it as the Deist believed – that GOD is seen as this watchmaker who came to earth and set things in motion and then left?
I know there are a lot of people in this world today who are suffering, in all areas of their lives, emotional, mental, physical, economical, and social are they looking for the answers from man or from GOD??
For me GOD is simply a feeling of peace that comes over me when I think his name. There is that silence that comes into my heart that helps me to know that he is near – maybe not even a silence but more like calm.

For me GOD is in the sunset. I love sunsets. It is the time of day when all is done, and we can sit back in awe and know that this was a day GOD meant for us to have. What did we do with it? Did we make someone happy, did we spread a kind word, and were we the people he set out for us to be.
If sunsets could have a sound I would imagine some of them with the quiet hum of nature and others with the gentle giggle of an innocent child.

The colors of sunset can be as vibrant and exciting as an adrenaline rush, while others can be the warming gentle breeze of a hammock on a warm summer eve. Sunsets are not just for summer. Take time this year to watch the winter sunsets. They can be as beautiful and warming.
I was sitting here wondering where all this love of sunsets comes from when it hit me like a ton of bricks – my mother. I can remember ALL of the pictures she took of sunsets. She had a 35 mm camera and would stand on my front porch and snap shot after shot of sunsets.

God created our world from the smallest creation to the grandest of all messages –
“I am here…. I am with you….. I love you”.
Look to the sunset the next time you feel alone and see the life that is there, the quiet that is there and the knowledge that with the sunset, comes the morning.

No comments: